Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Does she know something I don't?

Saturday, Ben and I went to a wedding reception for our dear friend, Ryan. At the reception, a sweet little old lady introduced herself to me as being a dear friend to Ben's grandmother, Racine. Our conversation went a little something like this:

Her: "Hi, I'm blah blah blah, Ben's grandmother, Racine was a friend of mine. I sure wish you would have been able to meet her."
Me: "Oh! Nice to meet you! And yes, me too; you have no idea how much I wish I knew her."
Her: (Leaning in about 2 inches from my face) "I will never forget something Racine told me. She said, "You never really know someone until you've known them when they are pregnant." Well, I just thought that was such a silly thing to say."
Me: Nodding Nodding Nodding
Her: "But you know, she was so right. A pregnant person just has this certain glow about them. I am so happy for you and Ben."
Me: Shocked speechless look on my face.
Her: Squeezes my hand and walks off.

I mean, was she trying to tell me something? (I was wearing a flowy shirt.) Did she have me mixed up with someone else? She had me thoroughly freaked out.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha!! That is so funny! And I am SURE you don't look pregnant!!

    That totally happened to me a few times. Once a teacher asked me in front of a first grade class if I was pregnant. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete