Monday, February 14, 2011

so not romantic.

Happy Valentine's Day!

I absolutely love Valentine's Day. Flowers, chocolate, hearts, pink. What's not to love? Our first Valentine's as a married couple, wasn't quite as I had expected, but wonderful none the less. I mean, who needs a special day when every day feels like Valentine's Day? Ahhhhh, I know, right?

Well we had reservations at THE most wonderful little restaurant: Cheever's. We love it. If you haven't been there -go there. And order chicken fried steak. Anyways, we had reservations for Friday night. BUT then my parents decided to come for the weekend. (Which is way better than any old restaurant.)

I was still planning on figuring something out to get Ben, and I figured I'd be getting some flowers or something at school.... But then this happened:



Now I'm sure most of you are normal, and don't even know what the first picture is. It's a target for shooting bow and arrows. And the second one is just an adorable shelf. (One of the many things I bought at the Affair of the Heart) (Also, please ignore the hideous heart piggy bank. I have a slight obsession with both: piggy banks and holiday decoration)

We both went shopping separately on Saturday, and spend an unexpected large sum of money. (And the term large is strictly relative.) Yes, that box of his cost $75 bucks! Unbelievable. 

So we decided that these things would be are Valentine presents to each other. So lame. 

Oh yeah, and we're going to spend tonight watching The Bachelor and eating sloppy joes, and I wouldn't want it any other way. 

I love you, Benny. 

P.S. He's a pretty good shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment