Tuesday, July 26, 2011

First Things First

I've been gone the last few weeks to the best place on Earth, with some of the best people on Earth - more on that later. But first things first: Family Vacation.

Remember that freezing cold trip I mentioned? It was a total success (minus that fact that Dad got a tad bit grumpy once or twice, Ben's flatulence tortured everyone, and that one minor freak-out that I had on the top of a mountain cliff where I thought we were all going to die.)

The trip included:

lots of four-wheeling (along very narrow trails - hence the said freak-out),

a bit of snow, 

a tour of the occasional gold mine, 

and sack lunches in a Walmart parking lot while waiting for the tire shop to fix a blowout.


Ben and I also celebrated our one year anniversary while in the beautiful Silverton, Co. We opted out to not stay with the family, in the trailer, on the bunk bed...

We stayed at an old hotel, that used to be a brothel (how romantic..but seriously). And my mom surprised us by bringing the top of our wedding cake. She thinks of everything. 

 (I couldn't really get this stupid hat off of him the entire vacation.)

Thanks for the best year of my life, Benny.  

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Happy Anniversary. Looks like a fun trip. Did a guy named Ron fix your car? Have Kelsey tell you that story if she hasn't already :)

    ReplyDelete